You will examine a safety net program or legal protection that supports health, analyze the role and adequacy of the program in addressing social determinants of health; promoting population health, and reducing health disparities; and describe the gaps in the program/protection.
Choose one of the following:
Temporary Assistance for Needy Families (TANF)
Social Security Disability Insurance (SSDI) and Social Security Insurance (SSI)
Unemployment Insurance (UI)
Children’s Health Insurance Program (CHIP)
Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP)
Supplemental Nutrition Program for Women, Infants, and Children (WIC)
National School Breakfast and School Lunch Programs
Housing assistance (public housing or Section 8) through HUD
You should include:
1. Introduce your paper with a general statement about the paper, then a purpose statement. A purpose statement starts with: The purpose of this paper is to discuss . . . . then the key elements of what you are going to discuss. This should identify and describe the program/legal protection you will be discussing.
2. Discuss the following: 1) What is the background for this program? How did it come about?
2) What social determinants of health are addressed through this program/protection and how?
3) Who is eligible for this program/protection?
3. 1) What are the limitations/gaps in the program/protection? How do these limitations/gaps fail individual members or groups within the population? 2) What can we, as nurses, do to encourage the use of these programs/protections and what can we do if a patient is ineligible? Are there alternatives we can recommend or connections we can facilitate?
4. End the paper with a 3-5 sentence conclusion that summarizes your thoughts.
Your paper should be a minimum of 600 words, and not more than 750 words.
Your paper should be in proper 7th Edition APA Format and include a title page and properly formatted references.
A minimum of 5 peer-reviewed references (only one can be course materials)
This below link is from course materal:
<p>The postfirst appeared on .</p>