The research paper should be a minimum of six typed pages
and formatted in accordance with APA. Topics should be
relevant to intermodal transportation. The nature of a
research paper is to prove or disprove a thesis or hypothesis, not
simply produce a report or provide information on
topic. For example; a topic may be the impact of
security on intermodal transportation. The associated thesis
could be; actions taken to improve the security at ports has
negatively impacted throughput, increasing costs and reducing the
quality of operations. The research and body of the
paper argues to prove the thesis statement. *****My academic
researchpaper will be on load planning for trains in
How to structure a research paper
Structuring a research paper correctly is essential for creating a well-organized and informative paper. Here is the basic structure for a research paper:
1. Introduction: Introduce the topic and provide an overview of the paper.
2. Literature review: Summarize and discuss the literature that is relevant to the topic.
3. Methodology: Explain the methods you used to research the topic.
4. Results: Present the results of your research.
5. Discussion: Discuss your findings in relation to the literature you reviewed.
6. Conclusion: Summarize the key points of the paper and make any suggestions for further research.
7. References: List any sources you used for your paper.