Choose ONE of the following media articles to write a research report:
- EA source code stolen by hacker claiming to sell it online
- FCC puts Kaspersky on security threat list, says it poses “unacceptable risk”
- New Yubico security keys let you use fingerprints instead of passwords
- New Chrome security measure aims to curtail an entire class of Web attack
- Securing your digital life, the finale: Debunking worthless “security” practices
Your research report should include the following sections:
- Problem background
- Highlight the security concerns associated with your selected article
- Strategies for addressing the security concerns
- Conclusion that justifies the recommendations made in your research report
You should also read the various Reader Comments provided at the bottom of each media article and use them as references. Also, further investigate your chosen topic using current literature and use at least 3 journal or conference papers as references
Subject learning outcomes
This assessment task will assess the following learning outcome/s:
- be able to justify security goals and the importance of maintaining the secure computing environment against digital threats.
- be able to explain the fundamental concepts of cryptographic algorithms.
- be able to examine malicious activities that may affect the security of a computer program and justify the choice of various controls to mitigate threats.
- be able to compare and contrast the security mechanisms of a trusted operating system with those used in a general purpose operating system.
- be able to investigate and justify the use of the access control mechanisms and user authentication processes.
- be able to compare and contrast foundational security policies and models that deal with integrity and confidentiality.
- Marking criteria and standards
|Criteria||High Distinction(100% – 85% )|
|Introduction of the selected article. (5 marks)||A comprehensive introduction in relation to the media article as well as a clear, concise articulation of the aim/objectives of the research is included. (5.00-4.25)|
|Problem background of the selected area of research. (10 marks)||A comprehensive problem background grounded in existing literature and concepts. (10.00-8.50)|
|Highlight the security concerns. (20 marks)||Explains all of the key security concerns in the chosen article in a concise manner. (20.00-17.00)|
|Strategies for addressing the concerns (20 marks)||Comprehensive description of strategies for addressing the concerns, grounded in theory and literature. The literature selected magnificently reflects recent developments in the area and completely emphasizes primary literature (i.e. journal articles containing original research). (20.00-17.00)|
|Conclusions (5 marks)||Analytical and clear conclusions drawn, well grounded in theory and literature. (5.00-4.25)|
- Your final submission should be a single readable word/pdf file.
- All references used must be properly cited in conformation with APA 7th Style.