your textbook asks the question “if someone says they are in marketing, what do you assume that person does all day at work?” this applied activity is designed to equip you with information that will allow you to answer that question with confidence.
there are two steps to this applied activity. you must create a 2–3-page report for this assignment that includes proper apa citations. please read the instructions carefully to ensure that all steps are followed, and all requirements are met.
part 1: find a job posting for a marketing position. use any of the popular job boards -like indeed, linkedin or ziprecruiter to find the posting. you will have to get creative here – why? because the title “marketer” is not applied in the same way the title “accountant” would be. marketing involves many different aspects and areas of an organization’s attempt to create meaningful exchanges with customers, so you will have to look beyond the obvious to find answers. try searching some of these terms as a place to start:
· social media or digital marketing
· brand management/brand specialist
· digital communications
· event marketing
· marketing research/marketing analysis/growth marketing
· product marketing/product line marketing
once you have found the job posting that interests you the most, copy and paste the posting into your assignment. yes – you read that correctly. make sure you include all relevant information, as well as a proper apa citation for the posting. note: i am asking you to copy and paste the posting as it will most likely be taken off your source website by the time you submit your assignment.
part 2: answer the question: what do they do all day? analyze the job requirements for this position to arrive at a summary of what a typical day in the life of someone who holds this position might be. in no more than 6 paragraphs, imagine what the beginning, middle and end of a typical day in this position would entail. use the following questions as a starting point for your response:
· how does their day start? what’s the first thing they do when they arrive to work in the morning?
· who are the people they need to interact with each day? are they peers? superiors? inside the company or outside of the company?
· choose one major task they must manage in a typical day and detail the skillsets they must utilize the complete the task. are they using technical skills? communication skills? interpersonal skills? or any combination of these skills?
· what processes or preparations must they put in place before the end of each day to ensure they are ready for the next? why is this important to their success?
· how will mastery of this position and the tasks associated lead to future positions in marketing? explain.