1. With reference to the range of packaging available for its coconut water under the “Taste Nirvana” brand, https://tastenirvana.com/product-page/, propose which packaging type(s)(as in Tetrapak, bottled or canned) you would import into your local (domestic) market. Justify your choice. (10 marks)
2. Explain how any TWO (2) of these following factors in your resident country/market should be considered in the feasibility study (those that may impact this venture positively or negatively):
• Social-cultural environment
• Political (20 marks)
3. You are considering if being an import agent or import merchant would be more feasible for this venture. Identify the method of distribution that would be feasible in this case, give reasons for your choice, explaining key differences between the 2 different methods of distribution. (15 marks)
4. Your company hopes to be involved in ensuring that the logistics and shipment of the goods arrive on time to meet expectations of your business buyers. Propose ONE INCOTERM that will allow your company, as the importer, to exercise more control over the shipment arrival date and logistics of the process. Explain and describe the roles/responsibilities using this proposed INCOTERM. (10 marks)
5. Assume you have a shipment of 1×20’, i.e., a twenty foot equivalent unit (TEU) to be arranged for import into your resident country. Draw a diagram/flow-chart that illustrates the physical cargo flow of the container of goods as it is transported from the Thailand factory until it arrives your resident country. The diagram should indicate the pre-carriage, main carriage and the on-carriage; the port of loading (POL), the port of discharge (POD), including customs clearance involved.